Thursday, February 26, 2009

Vacuuming is Therapeutic

I do all my best thinking in one of four places: In the shower....In my car....In Bed....and anywhere I'm vacuuming. So tonight, I'm vacuming the kitchen floor...and I've got my iPod on...and I'm hearing a ton of songs I think would be great for Twilight sequel soundtracks:

The World I Know - Collective Soul - While Bella's jumping in New Moon
7 Year Ache - Rosanne Cash (background - maybe during the street/bar scene in New Moon)
A letter to Elise - The Cure - Ugh - anywhere Edward is sad. It will make you cry.
Pictures of You - The Cure - Even better than A Letter to Elise - this IS Edward:

Remembering you falling into my arms
Crying for the death of your heart
You were stone white so delicate lost in the cold
You were always so lost in the dark

Lonely in your Nightmare - Duran Duran - self explanatory!
Creep - Radiohead - Whenever Bella's feeling less than adequate.

I heard In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins three times today. So maybe I'll throw that in somewhere for good measure.

And back to the subject of Bella feeling inadequate. It finally hit me tonight - while I was vacuuming - that THAT is what all of these books are about. The fact that Bella thinks her life is boring - and her gravitational pull to anything exciting - aka The Cullens. Edward's just the icing on the cake, because he's so gorgeous. But does she really love him like he loves her?

So - I'm thinking about all of this - and it's hitting me - oh my GOD, what if it's all a dream? What if Bella's conjuring all of this up in her head, whether she's asleep or awake? Maybe Edward really exists - but he's a normal guy - and while he was out of school for a few days, after her first day, she wrote all of this down in a journal or something? It could happen. How I would LOVE it if - at the end of book 4 - she wakes up, goes to school, and Edward sits down next to her in Biology. He winks at her, then takes a big ol' bite of his apple. And chews and swallows. :)

And PS - holy CRAP - Broken Hearted Savior from Big Head Todd and the Monsters just came on my iPod. (Lead Singer Todd Park Mohr has some Native American in his background). This song IS Jacob:

And I love her yet
She has done me wrong
Can I bring her back
She has been long gone
And I'll always be her
Broken Hearted Savior

Sigh. I truly would do anything to soundtrack a film. Maybe I need to write my own....