Saturday, April 18, 2009

I am now a dork who reads Twilight novels twice.

Check out this Entertainment Tonight clip of the set of New Moon. This is why I love Twilight Moms. They have tremendous updates. Apparently, Entertainment Tonight is doing a story on New Moon starting on April 23rd. GET READY.

So I just finished New Moon - again - and I cannot tell you what a different ride it is the second time around. I couldn't have cared less about Jacob the first read. Now I feel SO bad for the guy. He and Bella were inches from dating when Edward decided to get all dramatic on us and go to Volterra. Now the poor guy is alone. Bella should have told her dad she had to go to La Push and see him when she got back from Italy. You know he would have let her. She owes Jacob a little more than "Sorry - Edward's back - later." In fact, how interesting would THAT have been, if she and Jacob had become a couple...and THEN Edward came back. Yikes.

I was away last week and could not have planned better. I started New Moon before I left - put it down to read my book club book for this month - and then went back to it. And I stopped right before Bella and m'girl Alice got on the plane....so I was able to read it on my plane home from FL. It was VERY cool to be sitting there, taking off, while they were taking off and Bella was bouncing up and down in her seat. I realize this is probably pretty stupid to those of you who are slightly less obsessed than I am....but work with me here. And I was writing in the margins to the point where I thought someone should start a Twilight class at a university somewhere...and I'd be sure to sign up. Hell, didn't they have a Sex and the City class somewhere? C'mon! Humor me!

One of my favorite lines this time around: "my hallucinatory Edwards were usually better fed." Oh man I howled when I read that. Almost as good as Bella's line about sleepovers being "the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior" in Eclipse. Just hilarious.

Another line I loved that I had forgotten about: "Just walk out into the sun". It reminds me of this line from Duran Duran's "Careless Memories":

I walk out into the sun I try to find a new day but the whole place it just screams in my eyes

I also paid a lot of attention to the Volturi this time around. Who is who - what they look like - what their powers are. I cannot tell you what perfect casting I think Dakota Fanning is. She is exactly who I pictured as Jane when I read New Moon the first time.

Sigh....something tells me I'll be rereading Eclipse this week!

No comments: