Saturday, May 9, 2009

That's impolite...

"I would have pressed the issue, but then Jacob honked his horn - two quick, impatient honks." "That's impolite", Edward growled.

You know - I couldn't figure out why it bothered me so much that they made Edward honk in the movie when he picked Bella up for school the first time. THIS is why! It just wasn't Edward. In Twilight, didn't Bella walk outside to drive to school, and Edward was just standing there in front of his car? It was typical of Edward to just... appear. That kindof MADE that scene in the book, actually. There was no call, no advanced warning. And he was making a huge statement in doing so. I felt like the honking in the movie was too boring and... human - for lack of a better word.

They better not be messing with New Moon too much. Having him honk is something totally small - but out of character. I fear what they could do to the next three films.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I think you're right...Edward would never just honk the horn and expect me...uh, I mean Bella, to run out and hop in. He'd never do something so bourgeois! ;)

Purgatory Carol said...

LOL!!! I have a post from long ago where I referred to Bella as myself. Great minds. I am starting to find things here and there that are just not "Edward" in the first movie. How about his clothes? Didn't she say Edward never wore dark colors and it was weird for a vampire? Hello? Everything he wore in the film was dark. Hell - everything RPattz wears in real life is dark! Sometimes I think he thinks he IS Edward Cullen. (shiver) I love him... but "bitch please!" Think maybe I'll have to post this tomorrow. It's been a slow weekend in Purgatory. ;)