Sunday, June 28, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

So I am THRILLED because my sister Tracey has succumbed to the world of Twilight. She started last weekend and started Breaking Dawn tonight.

And as she and I were discussing the series, I remembered I totally forgot to add my most perfect song to my New Moon playlist.

Beauty and the Beast from Stevie Nicks. Srsly, take a minute and listen to the song (playlist below)...and read the lyrics (below the playlist). You. Will. Die. And then you'll cry for Edward Cullen. And then you'll get even more stoked for New Moon. And then you'll curse me for making you waste time when you should be working or giving the kids breakfast or doing something non-Twilight related.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Beauty and the Beast
Written by Stevie Nicks.

You're not a stranger to me
And you... well you're something to see
You don't even know how to please
You say a lot but you're unaware of how to leave

My darling lives in a world that is not mine
An old child, misunderstood, out of time
Timeless is the creature who is wise
And timeless is the prisoner in disguise

Oh who is the beauty? Who the beast?
Would you die of grieving when I leave?
Two children too blind to see
I would fall in your shadow, I believe

My love is a man who's not been tamed
Oh my love lives in a world of false pleasure and pain
We come from different worlds but we are the same
I never doubted your beauty; I've changed

Who is the beauty?
Where is my beast?
There is no beauty
Without my beast

la bete la bete
Where is my beast?

My beauty
My beauty
My beautiful beautiful beautiful
Beautiful beast

2 comments:

Jenn D said...

PERFECTION!!!! Now I'm tearing up my coffee here at the office...but this is just perfect.
Nicely done, Car!

Purgatory Carol said...

THANK YOU!!! I can't believe I forgot that! It was my best New Moon song! I wish I knew of some way I could forward my playlist on to someone important over there at Summit. They don't have to use these artists...(except Kelly Sweet). They could have other artists remake some of these. But GOD they'd be so good. Frankly - if they wanted an updated version, they could have Miss Stevie remake her own song for the movie!!!