Saturday, June 20, 2009

I Love Rock and Roll Part Deux

I realized some of you younger TwiFans aren't really that familiar with Joan Jett - so I thought I'd suggest some cool vids for you to check out. "I Love Rock and Roll" was big when I was in the 7th or 8th grade. Check out how early on in the video, the band had to actually act. Not as much splicing and perfection like in today's videos. Another good Joan Jett tune was "Bad Reputation", which, might I say, has graced my iPod for quite some time. Clearly it was no big thing to see someone wearing black leather skinny pants and a tight blouse with puffy sleeves at that time. But one song that stands out that Joan Jett did was a remake of Tommy James and the Shondells' "Crimson and Clover". Check it out. She was Just. So. Cool. And I know Kstew is going to pull it off.

No comments: