Friday, June 26, 2009

My grandmother was scarier than Edward Cullen.



I don't really know how to feel about this interview with Melissa Rosenberg. She sounds like a VERY cool person - and she seems to have all the lurve for the Twilight series. Which is so important - and for that, I am eternally grateful. But - ugh - I am having such a hard time getting on board with "scary, visual Edward hallucinations" just so young girls can get their fill of Rob Pattinson. (Not that that's her fault - clearly she was told that's what had to happen.) But people...that's not the story! They keep saying Edward was in Bella's head the whole time he was gone. But - actually - it was the opposite. She wouldn't let herself think about him while he was gone. (And we've all been there and can relate to that horrible feeling.) I'd rather them stick to the book and have zero Edward after the break-up scene - except for his velvet voice - until Italy. It makes the reunion all that much better. And Jacob Black gets the spotlight he deserves. I also have done a 180 on this "scary Edward" concept that once had me stoked. Bottom line - Edward wishes he was scary. This is how it usually went with Edward and Bella:'

Edward: Bella, you really should be scared of me. Are you scared?
Bella: Um, no.
Edward: No seriously, Bella, I'm a monster.
Bella: Sorry - not scared. You're too dreamy.
Edward: Bella - how can you not be scared of me?
Bella: I don't know; I'm just not. Hey look, Emmett is shirtless!
Edward: (turns head) No he's not.
Bella: Made ya look!


OK so maybe that last part never happened. But you know Emmett would do that. So if you're going to make Edward scary, the least you could do to counteract it is make Emmett shirtless as much as possible. Mkayyyy?

No comments: