Sunday, June 21, 2009

Yet another New Moon Playlist update

I added a couple songs to my New Moon playlist. Um, does anyone else think it would be way rad if Robert Pattinson recorded an acoustic version of "The Killing Moon" from Echo and the Bunnymen? Cuz I do. And PS this is SO going on my Eclipse and/or Breaking Dawn playlists. Read the lyrics. It's so Jacob singing to Bella about when Edward will turn her. I don't even know why I have it on my New Moon playlist. I just... dig it. But I digress. Another song I added is "Pray the Stars" by Joe Hedges. Beautiful song. Reminds me of when things are going so well with Jacob and Bella but you know it can't last. He also has another song that is GORGEOUS called "Mitral Valve Prolapse" that wasn't available at the playlist site or I'd have added it. "I try but nothing's ever gonna fill me up" - so totally perfect for the hole in Bella's chest. I actually emailed him and told him to submit it to Summit. What's there to lose? Anyway - another song I added is "A Forest" by the Cure. But instead of playing this when Edward leaves Bella, I'd play it when Bella is looking for the meadow, with or without Jacob. I would say I feel the strongest about "Dream On" from Kelly Sweet being played while Bella is lying in the forest after Edward dumps her. oooooh SUCH an impact. I'm also very attached to "Summer Skin" from Death Cab for Cutie early in the film. Notice how - in the beginning of New Moon - Stephenie Meyer wrote that Bella had the best summer of her life, but never really gave us any details? That's why this mellow song would be perfect in the beginning. You can actually feel the end of summer while listening to it. It's just totally sad - and foreshadows what's to come...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

4 comments:

Jenn M said...

Totally agree with you on your idea of Rob doing an acoustic of The Killing Moon. Yes! I like it.

Jenn M said...

I like Haunting Me for the Porsche scene with Alice racing to get to Edward. What do you think?

Purgatory Carol said...

Jenn M I was thinking "Haunting Me" for the motorcycle scenes when she's hallucinating him since it's kindof an intense song. (Probably the same reason you see it for the Porsche racing scene.) I have to blog my list with which song I see for which scene and see what you all think.

Purgatory Carol said...

PS - I wish I could plant that bug in his ear - re: The Killing Moon.