Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bye Bye Rachelle Lefevre??? Hello BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD as Victoria in Eclipse?!

HOLY ^%$#!!!! I don't even know how to feel about this! I will miss Rachelle because I thought she was Awe-some with a capital A. But I really like Bryce Dallas Howard. I canNOT help but wonder if this was a force-out. Bryce Dallas has those eerie eyes. I wonder if the studio thought she'd have more of an impact? Wow. I wonder if they would do that for any of the other actors. (Oh hush. We've ranked on the girl enough this week. ;)

From the Summit website (which could use some major work IMO):

Actress Rachelle Lefevre Will Be Replaced By Howard In The Role Of Victoria


Los Angeles, CA July 28, 2009 — Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of "Victoria" in the studio's upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio's TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer's blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

"We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise," said Erik Feig, Summit's President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. "Rachelle brought "Victoria" to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role."

Howard most recently starred in TERMINATOR SALVATION as Kate Connor and has been seen in SPIDER-MAN 3, LADY IN THE WATER, and THE VILLAGE. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her leading performance as an actress in the HBO film AS YOU LIKE IT.

4 comments:

Tracey R. said...

Don't kid yourself....this is SOOOO a forceout. Here's the logic: They're claiming "scheduling conflicts." ROFLMAO. I will pay you $10 right here and now if you can think of a Twi-Event that that Rachelle chick has NOT attended. There's no way on god's green earth that she was going to bite the hand that was feeding her and schedule something to conflict with Eclipse shooting.

She was definitely forced out...which to me, reading between the lines, says this: They are way upping the part of Victoria in the film. Think about it, really--when push comes to shove, not a whole lot happens in Eclipse. They're going to have to do some doctoring to up the action and drive the plot more--hence, a bigger role for Victoria. That means they needed a more prominent/better actress to handle the part. Bye RL, hello BDH. Which, btw, is a VERY good thing in my eyes. I happen to be a big fan of BDH (I was prolly one of the only fans of "The Village"), and think she's utterly perfect for the role. A great get.

Tracey R. said...

LOL on second thought I just read a synopsis of the "conflicting" RL movie--an indie starring Dustin Hoffman and Paul Giamatti. I might dump Eclipse for that, too! ;-)

Purgatory Carol said...

LOL Well I agree with you about BDH. I am not ashamed to admit I dug The Village, too (although it is a biological impossibility for me to not dig anything with Adrien Brody in it.) She will be great; I know it. I'll have to post the article I read with Melissa Rosenberg yesterday. She said she thought writing the screenplay for Eclipse would be a breeze, but when she got down to writing it, it was really hard. She also said most of the action is at the end (um, duh). And did you check out my Eclipse page post? David Slade has already chosen locations - the "clearing" is way cool. I don't know, Tracey... I still can't imagine Rachel Lafevre would blow off anything in the Twilight franchise. Must more exposure, don'tcha think? Victoria IS Eclipse. Although it's the "idea" of Victoria... so maybe she was barely going to have any actual screen time. Hmmm.

shannon said...

totally forced out. What a shame I really like Rachael she gave me the hebejebes!!!