Friday, July 17, 2009

Fresh NEW MOON dirt!

How is it POSSIBLE that I could have read this entire (friggin awesome) MTV interview with Chris Weitz before I noticed THIS MOVIE STILL IS NEW!!!!! I am soooo FANGIRL right now!!!! The BEACH!! The TRUCK!!!

The release of "New Moon" is still roughly four months away, and if you're impatiently tapping your foot as much as we are, we might have an antidote. HitFix recently sat down with "New Moon" director Chris Weitz and got him to spill on the sequel — from soundtrack songs to the film within a film "Face Punch." Here's a brief synopsis of his remarks (POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD):

-Chris is about two weeks away from sending a director's cut of "New Moon" to the studio. He has to have a final cut of the movie ready by, fittingly enough, the day before Halloween (Oct. 30).
-Chris will debut a few new scenes this month at Comic-Con 2009 in San Diego.

-The CGI shot of the wolf from the trailer that premiered during the MTV Movie Awards has gone through 20-30 iterations since, likely to make it look more realistic.
-New potential candidates for the soundtrack include Thom Yorke and Kings of Leon.
-Chris' favorite scene to film was the sequence at Volturi headquarters.
-About the look of the Volturi's lair Chris said, "The first thing I wanted to do was put them in a setting that wasn't Dracula's castle. I feel like that's been done. There have been so many vampire movies and werewolf movies and horror movies where everything has been dark and dreary and everything is blue or green or something like that. Instead, their headquarters is surprisingly light and crisp."
-There will be a proposal scene. I repeat: There will be a proposal scene.
-Though sadly, we won't get to see "Face Punch" the movie within a movie Michael Welch told us about last month. No actual scenes were filmed for it, so movie-goers will only hear the sounds of the faux film.
- Will Chris come back "Breaking Dawn" as fans have been hoping? "I think it's really charming that having not seen 'New Moon' people would be enthusiastic about me wanting to do 'Breaking Dawn,'" he told HitFlix. "That's really -- y'know I think the proof is in the pudding and they should see it before they decide there is anything else they want me to do. But I would hope to earn that kind of rumor. We haven't really spoken with Summit about that."

What do you think about these new "New Moon" details? Do they make you even more excited to see the film come November 20?

When I can speak again, I'll definitely throw a big, ol' YES out there as my final answer.

1 comment:

Jenn D said...

I gotta say, I love the Kings of Leon. And I'm thrilled to see that they've reworked the CGI wolf!
My heart is beating at the thought of the proposal scene...I feel like I've been so long without these characters! (I have not done the reread, but maybe I should...)
I'm also really happy to hear that the Volturi lair will not be all dark and dingy. As patrons of the arts and beauty, I would expect it to be bright and beautiful. YAY!