Sunday, July 26, 2009

"Giving an interview 101"

The following is an email from my sister, Tracey (who might be a Purgatory commentator if I can get her to agree.) She is RIGHT ON THE MONEY with this. If you're not already watching "True Blood" or reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels, what are you waiting for?

KStew and RPattz--please watch the following video. This is how subjects of a pop culture phenomenon SHOULD act toward the press. Please take notes, as there will be a test later. (Taylor, you performed well the other day and are excused from class.)

2 comments:

Jenn D said...

I can't tell you how much I agree with the assessment that KStew is a conceited bee-aww-ch.
I watched every single panel discussion with the True Blood cast and absolutely devoured it all. Everyone was fabulous. KStew made ALL of the New Moon footage unwatchable. I left each video long before it was over in disgust. Is it me, or in the EW footage, did Ashley Greene seem uncomfortable with the KS antics? I certainly hope so...and I hope that this doesn't ruin my future New Moon (or whole saga) experience.
Maybe its just been so long since I've had a dose of Twi-juice and been overdosing on my Viking Eric Northman (and in NO WAY complaining about it!) but I feel like I should be way more excited about the SDCC 09 coverage...

Purgatory Carol said...

Jenn I actually emailed myself last night to remind myself to comment on your comments. (I was sooo tired and wanted to read more of Book 5 with Sook-ayyyyy). I'm with ya. She's killing my New Moon buzz. I feel like - I have been excited for months, I'm having a party, I talk New Moon up every chance I get...and the friggin STAR OF THE MOVIE doesn't even give a shit about it. She's either just a total bitch - or is still in Joan character. Choice "A" is bad - choice "B" is unprofessional. So which of these two people does she want to be? I'd opt for choice "C" if I were here. "Apologetic due to being over-worked." Her image needs some PR help and fast. These kids aren't going to put up with her attitude for long. And the adult fans are already sick of her.