Thursday, July 30, 2009

He said / She said

This Rachelle Lefevre thing is really heating up. Apparently there are now lawyers involved. Yesterday, Rachelle issued a statement that she was well within her contract when she signed on to do an indie flick during the filming of Eclipse - which would have taken 10 days to film. Summit issued a statement saying that was BS and they weren't informed about her other engagement until well into July. Hmmm.... Either way - I like her a lot and it kindof sucks she won't be in Eclipse. They ousted her - plain and simple. And she has really earned the right to be in this film after a stellar performance in Twilight - and all the promoting she's done over the past two years. BUT - flip side - I'm thinking she shouldn't have issued that statement. As much as she's trying to let the world (and the Twilight community, of which I am a proud, Edward Cullen-loving member) know what really went down, I fear she's going to get a bad rap with the Hollywood community for dissing Daddy. Just my .02.

*Thanks to aceshowbiz.com for the photo.

2 comments:

Jenn M said...

Was never that attached to Rachelle so this is all cool for me. Big fan of Bryce Howard though so I think this move by Summit may even be for the better.

Purgatory Carol said...

Well that's the thing. I dug RL and think she has every reason to be upset. But BDH (love that you dropped the "Dallas", Jenn, because you know no one really refers to her as anything but "Bryce") is really good in that she can be sweet and frightening as the same time. I think her eyes alone lend themselves well to the character, but I keep forgetting they'll be covered up with contacts.