Friday, July 17, 2009

My other sister's Edward

So I've mentioned my sister, Tracey is a Twi-dweeb like me. But I haven't mentioned that my other sister - Jill - is also reading the series. She is almost finished "New Moon" (thank you LORD).. and will be starting Eclipse soon so she can finish all four and attend my "100 Days til New Moon" party next month. So anyway... I was a little worried about her interest... but she calls me tonight, and she's all excited, and she blurts out "I found my Edward!" She then proceeds to tell me to go watch the following video of Adam Lambert from American Idol singing "Mad World" from Tears for Fears. She's like "Look at the coat! Look at the fog! He's totally vampire! He even told Ryan Seacrest he was going for a Twilight look!" (Hell even Randy Jackson's yelling "Twilight" while Simon is talking. ) I noted the Fangirl in her voice. Tremendous. And so ladies and gents, it begins. Yet another person is getting hooked. On MY brand of heroin. It's almost sinister the way I love turning people to the dark side....

So what do you think? Edwardesque?

9 comments:

Mercedes Wall said...

I'm proud to say that I just got my neighbor hooked! I shall refrain from posting her name, but she lives two doors from me , ha! She calls me secretively from her job's parking lot where she has been sitting for an hour after work just to finish New Moon. She told her husband there was some kind of hold up. Yeah, hold up... his name is Edward my friend! I love it!

Tracey R. said...

I gotta say, the idea of Adam as Edward seriously intrigues me. He's handsome and got that smoldering thing going, yet he also has a sense of humor and seems like he could be very introspective and full of self doubt. Also, he's just big, which helps. Damn, he might be MY Edward!!!

Jenn D said...

This could work...I am a HUGE Adam fan.
He seems extraordinarily confident to me, but yes, I do believe he could fit the bill otherwise. Could he act like he had self-doubt? Absolutely.
Good for you, Jill & Tracey! Enjoy your Edward!

Elissa M. said...

Carol I am your sister Tracey's friend that was also reading Twilight. I was not allowed to read the blog until I finished it all and tonight I did. I am suffering from withdrawl. Is there help for it?

Purgatory Carol said...

Elissa. Sit down. And listen. Listen good. I am sorry to tell you this, but no... there is no help. I got a fever... and the only prescription, is MORE EDWARD. More Twilight. More Midnight Sun. More, more, MORE!! I am so happy you finished and please READ AWAY on the blog! It might make you feel better because you'll realize there are other out there; others just like you. And you better be coming to my "100 Days til New Moon" party on August 12th!!!

Tracey R. said...

Elissa and I are already scouting cool shirts to wear to the party :-)

Purgatory Carol said...

I DESIGNED my shirt online. How pa-THET-ic! (I secretly LOVE it and pray it fits OK since it's a spaghetti strappy thing.) OK now MERCEDES gets the PRIZE - Love the Edward hold up at the office. Price-LESS!!!!!!!! PS - JENN - love your "enjoy your Edwards" comment. I just love all this Twi-love. I really do. It makes for a WEEP-fest, does it not?! :)

Elissa M. said...

I just picked out my shirt and I love it!! You will have to wait to the party to see it but it is so me!

Purgatory Carol said...

Oh I can't wait to see all these shirts!!! Mine is cool - I designed it myself. (It's a little off-center, but I think I'll live.)