Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bella's Wedding Dress

OK so THIS is pretty cool. Apparently In Style mag asked a bunch of designers to try their hand at designing Bella's wedding dress. It's cool to see their interpretations, although it's clear some of them must have been Twittering when they should have been paying attention to the instructions for the design. Anyway... I l loved Lela Rose's and Max Azaria's - but neither are "the dress" in my mind. OK so here is where I get my inner Twi-goober going. Pay attention.

Bella's ring is Victorian - because Edward's father gave it to her mother in the Victorian era. BUT - Edward was born into the Edwardian era (hence his glorious name that I now hear at playgrounds thanks to Mrs. Stephenie Meyer). And because the dress was designed for his taste - I believe Bella's dress should be Edwardian - NOT Victorian.

COMMA HOWEVER - Bella's mother did say that she looked like she was right out of a Jane Austen novel.. so I have to assume the dress was more Victorian than Edwardian.

At any rate, I have posted this photo before (while I was reading the books) but I love it sooooo friggin much that I'm going to post it again. I would love it if this is what Bella's dress looked like. It's just so understated and pretty. *Thanks to housegallery.ca for the photo.

No comments: