Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Breaking Dawn question. We MUST know.

So I got together with Jenn M. and Shannon tonight... and we brought up a topic we've all tortured ourselves over at one time or another. It's a little R-rated, so if you're not even in high school yet, please skip this post.

Did Edward and Bella consummate their marriage in the water during their midnight swim? Or did they wait until they got back to the house?

I'm dying. I have to know. Don't you? What do YOU think happened? Please comment.

And check out this article over at newmoonmovie.org because it touches on this topic. They're pondering whether Breaking Dawn will be made into a movie and talking about their PG vs R audience. We all know how I feel about this, so I won't beat a dead horse.

5 comments:

Tracey R. said...

OMG I have wondered the SAME THING. MORE THAN ONCE!!!

I actually wondered if they did it on the beach, "From Here to Eternity"-style. And actually, I think it would have been less dangerous for Bella if they DID do it in the water, for some reason. But based on all the damage done in the white room, I have come to the conclusion that tho the water part may have been the appetizer, the full on meal was eaten (so to speak) in the bedroom.

Tracey R. said...

And btw, what conclusion did you guys draw? You never say...

Purgatory Carol said...

I think the bedroom - after the beach/water appetizer, like you. I'm thinking Edward was terrified of hurting her and they probably didn't do it a lot that first night, if even more than once. And we know they did it in the bedroom. (I hate that I'm throwing around the phrase "did it" as if we're giggling in Health class together). I also think Edward was so old-fashioned - and inexperienced - and when things started getting hot and heavy in the water or on the beach, he probably whisked her to the bed where he'd think you're "supposed" to have sex the first time. It all goes along with my thoughts that Edward was way too proper to have ever gone commando. "Proper" is the name of the game on this one.

Now - Jenn M. will have you give you her thouhts. And as for Shannon - I will let her explain this one, but I believe she doesn't think it was even possible in the water. I believe the word "granite" came into play. This is when we started knocking on the granite table at the Melting Pot. Hilarious night. One of those nights where you get up from the table and sheepishly look around to see who is sitting nearby and might have heard you.

Tracey R. said...

I also have to wonder if there was alcohol involved, since Bella seemed to pass out and not remember much each time they did it. ;-)

Purgatory Carol said...

LOL She was drunk on Edward's lovin'. Damn straight. ;)