Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wuthering Heights

OK so I've never read Wuthering Heights. In New Moon, it was easy to compare it to Romeo and Juliet. Been there - read that - AND watched that. But in Eclipse - I didn't understand the conversations between Edward and Bella about Wuthering Heights. And I've been trying to get it from my local library for months - and it's never available. So I finally gave in and rented a very recent and fabulous adaptation. But frankly, I'm still trying to decide if Edward considered himself Heathcliff or Edgar. Edgar is married to Cathy - so you'd think he'd be Edward. But she had this overwhelming love for Heathcliff - so you'd think HE'd be Edward. But I have to suppose Edward considered himself Edgar because Cathy's unbelievable pull to Heathcliff was like Bella's unexplainable pull to Jacob? Oh somebody shut me up already...

No comments: