Sunday, September 27, 2009

I heart Melissa Rosenberg

I got a little nervous when I saw rumors online with "Diablo Cody" and "Breaking Dawn" being used in the same sentences. NOT that I didn't LOVE Juno. Cuz I did, homeskillet. But I don't want anyone to mess with the franchise that is the Twilight saga. Just bring Melissa back and we'll all be happy, I'm sure. She's already written the first three. Why change now? That could be disastrous and very, very weird. At any rate, just read this great article from MTV that says Melissa has signed on for Breaking Dawn. (exhales) And this was my comment, which I HAD to share with you. I just had a revelation to beat the band. I think it could work:

I pretty much agree. And I just don't see how they can do two movies. Rob Pattinson will be grey before it's all over! I think the wedding - and Bella's pregnancy - can be shaved down. Give us a nice chunk of honeymoon. Give us a decent-but-not-huge chunk of Bella-the-new-vamp. Bring in all the vamps, give us some background and fight practice. Then lead up to the non-battle. As far as direction, I'd love them to use Catherine for the wedding, Chris for the honeymoon, pregnancy and Bella running around as a newborn , and then have David bring it all home in that scary, "30 Days of Night" way with lots of impending doom - which we all know never comes. I think it would be fantastic.

What do y'all think? (C'mon - let's hear from everyone! I love comments from lurkers and new readers!)

2 comments:

Jenn M said...

Carol-

What a great idea to break down Breaking Dawn! It would also be a cool marketing stunt for Summit.

I am SO happy the Melissa Rosenberg is "officially" back for BD. I mean No Way would it make sense to change scriptwriters now.

All I want for Christmas is Chris Weitz for Breaking Dawn!!

Purgatory Carol said...

I know, right?! I know New Moon is going to be amazing. You can tell he "gets it". I'd just love to have all three of them be involved. (I guess I shouldn't speak so soon until we see Eclipse...but I know from "30 Days of Night" that David Slade is good at impending doom. So I'm not asking questions. Just goin' with the flow!)