Thursday, December 17, 2009

Really MTV? Really?

Dear MTV,

I don't watch awards your channel regularly and haven't for a long time. COMMA HOWEVER, I watched the MTV MOVIE AWARDS this year, because of a little something called THE CAST OF TWILIGHT... with Mr. ROBERT PATTINSON being the most worthy/talented/savory/tasty (pick one) person in that group. I watched the MTV Movie Awards from start to finish this year (as did my HUSBAND, which is stupefying) - and could not get enough of the guy in the blue jacket. And no, I'm not talking about Steve O.

Apparently you had record ratings for this show - all due to the attendance and subsequent award-winning of Mr. Pattinson, who you've named #6 on your "Man of the Year" list for 2009.

Srsly??? #6?!  For a guy who made you sick money by bringing a huge amount of non-watchers like me to your channel? Please revise your list. Clearly it's dead wrong.

Love,
Carol
PS - I fully admit I went back to not watching your channel the day after the aforementioned awards. You lost me years ago - somewhere between "The Real World" and "The Hills". And now you have that lovely show about a bunch of self-declared "Guidos" living at the Jersey shore - where I happen to reside. Let me fill these kiddies in on a little secret. They're not "Guidos"; they're "Guineas". There is a difference. Lord - the kid from Rhode Island makes me want to throw up in my mouth MORE than "a little". Dude your scene is nothing short of gross. I am Italian. Do NOT say your "lifestyle is Italian". You probably don't know the first thing about the history and culture of Italy - or anything else remotely Italian for that matter. All you know is "The Sopranos" - and gravy on Sunday afternoons. The only nice kid and non-guinea on the show seems to be Vinny. But I only watched the intro video (see below and try not to vomit on your shoes), so what do I know? (It may take a while to load. No worries; you'll need that time to go and get your bucket or spitune before the video begins.)

No comments: