Wednesday, December 2, 2009

So I just saw New Moon again...

A few things I wanted to mention...

Michael Sheen is the new black. He is so hot I don't know what to do with myself. RPattz? Nah (well yeah, but work with me here). Just watching Aro holding everyone's hand made me find him incredibly sexy. Hell, his TEETH made me find him incredibly sexy. Damn. DAMN. I know those of you under 35 are questioning my sanity right now. But the rest of you cougars know what I'm talking about. And if you don't, do a little Michael Sheen googling. You won't be sorry.

Wish they showed the forest a little more when Bella was dreaming. Wish we could have seen her dreams.

Wish the scene where she wakes up from her Volturi nightmare - which wasn't a nightmare - was done more like the book. Bella woke up so funny in the book, thinking she was dead and that Charlie was going to kill her. In the movie, Bella just sat there like a dumbass, staring at Edward while he did all the talking.

Wish they had taken a little while to lead up to the breakup scene. As cool as the October/November/December scene was - and it was very cool -  I think I'd have rather seen Bella getting more and more antsy, sensing the impending doom, like in the book. So that when Edward asks her to take a walk, she is practically falling down already.

My favorite scene in the movie was the hunting/cliff diving scene. Not only did my favorite Native American actor of all time - Graham Greene - have a sad little death scene... but Rachelle Lafevre was KICK ASS in that scene (don't get me started because I may cry. I already miss her.)  And if all of that weren't enough, actually seeing Bella do something so incredibly reckless - just to be near Edward - was really powerful for me and made me cry - again. It hit close to home. Reminded me of something I went through as a kid. Only Bella's Edward came back. Enough said.

So... my second viewing was interesting. Natch, I caught more of the details. Like how friggin GOOD Jessica was. And how funny Eric was. And how beautifully Rob Pattinson recited Shakespeare. And how naturally pretty Kristen Stewart is (which is possibly why some of us got tired of the Joan Jett look after a while; "less is more" where make-up and KStew are concerned.) This time around, I noticed how awesome Charlie was... and how GOOD Kristen Stewart was in the Volturi scene. And the scene where she tells Charlie she saw the wolves. And the scene where she's hanging with Jacob while he's fixing the bikes - or driving in her truck (her "mad skills" comment made me pee.) I HAVE to give her props since I was down on her scenes with Robert. And frankly - tonight I realized something;  that's the problem. I don't care for Kristen Stewart in her scenes with Rob Pattinson. Every other scene - she's great. Scenes with RPattz, she's uncomfortable. Again - enough said.

And let me share two HILARIOUS lines I heard tonight - but not from any of the actors; from Shannon. OH. MY. GOSH. I laughed my ASS off right in the middle of the film.  Halfway through the movie she notices that KStew is an A-cup and leans over to me and says: "She needs a water bra." Dying. Then - during the Volturi scene, she says about Marcus: "He looks like he's going potty." When I tell you.. I almost had to leave the theatre I was laughing so hard.

OK can I type any more? I'm thinking no. So I'm gonna shut up now, y'all.

Wonder if I'll go for a third viewing...

8 comments:

Tracey C said...

Going to see it again on Friday....Look forward to catching more of the movie this time! Won't go for a third don't think as hubby thinks I'm whacked cause I wanna go twice! LOL Should be out on DVD by Feb right :oP

Purgatory Carol said...

OK I really shouldn't be advocating keeping secrets from one's husband. Having said that... DON'T TELL HIM!!! ;)

JeDeCe said...

LOL, most of my Cullen-goodness is secreted away from my husband...the details anyway! That being said, I'm planning on going to see NM again next week while he's at class.

Purgatory Carol said...

WHEEEEE!!!!!! I wish I could go with you!! I sat there last night - halfway through the movie - thinking "WHEN can I get back to see it again???" I didn't get into Twilight until it was almost out on DVD. So once it came out - I watched it over and over again. Well..certain scenes, that is. I don't have the attention span to watch the movie from start to finish five million times.

Tracey R. said...

Soooo love me a piece of Michael Sheen. Can't decide which is better--MS as Tony Blair (SWOON) or MS as Aro. They're BOTH magically delicious!!

Tracey C said...

I am the same way with Twilight!! LOL Just certain scenes now...Damn Blizzard has me stuck at home tonight instead of the theatre watching New Moon!!

Purgatory Carol said...

OH no Tracey C! You'll have to see it again on another day. But then again - a blizzard would be pretty cool right now. Always love snow around the holidays. We had some early flurries for about 3 minutes the other day. That counts a little, right?! :)

Tracey C said...

4 1/2 feet of snow on the ground so your flurries are snow but you can have ours!

Saw it again last night...so much better when there are only 30 people in a theatre compared to 300 crying teens!

It was Awesome!! I got into it so much more...still can't wait to get intimate with it in my living room :oP

Watching it again KStew was actualy not as bad as I thought! She did have emotion with Edward...she just always looks so miserable that it makes it hard to see a difference.

I have come to the realization that not matter whom they had gotten to play the characters... NO one would have measured up to the Books!

RPattz totaly DID rock it! Long and lean was very impressive this time...He looked awesome and can act and I saw the trailer for Remember Me and want to see it!!

Miss soooo much on the first viewing that I am so glad I went again! Totaly addicted yet again!! The Volturie fight although very entertaining was added and not needed as I agree it made Edward appear weak...Yes, missed when Bella awoke and thought she was dreaming...was my very favorite part of the book!!

I will probably sneak away before it reaches DVD and see it a third time...but that is between us right LOL