Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why Twilight Just "Worked"

This is why Twilight worked. Look at this photo. I pulled this up (on Latchkey Wife) and my first thought was "EDWARD!" Not "Rob".... Not "What's with the Casual Friday ensemble?!" just... "EDWARD!"

I've been waiting patiently for New Moon to come out on Video. But honestly - I'm not nearly as excited as I thought I'd be. It's not the same. Nothing against Chris Weitz or any of the actors... I just... truly think I liked Twilight better. Why?

Because of Catherine Hardwicke.

They can call her quirky all they want. But the woman captured the essence of Twilight. She gets it. She understands and is able to project it properly onto the screen. She brings across the novel. I'm no feminist, but I can honestly say I think this is because she has boobs. She's a female; we're wired differently. We understand the emotion and realize it's more important than sometimes even visuals - like "blowing up stuff"... know what I mean?

So if you're still hunting for Breaking Dawn directors, oh Summit... you might want to consider a female. Just sayin'...

No comments: