Saturday, September 25, 2010

Twilight the Film: Where's the Beef?

Ya know... I'm sitting here watching Twilight (what can I say? It's on TV! Can't turn it off, right?!) and I never realized before... how much they effed up by not showing the day-to-day routine of Edward and Bella. In the books, he slept over there every single night. And they kissed... ALL the time. And yet - from this movie - all you know is that they kissed once and that he stayed at her house once (right after the aforementioned kiss) while she slept. And he looked uncomfortable, too. It just didn't happen that way at all. He was a fixture in Bella's bedroom for months - on a daily basis. And did I mention that they KISSED - a LOT!

Having said that - props to Catherine Hardwicke for the following:

- Edward AND Bella are pale as shit. VERY true.

- The music - incredible - PUTS you in Forks.

- La Push - S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G - even though it wasn't really La Push.

2 comments:

LeslieUnfinished said...

I completely agree. And people will tell you that it's a long book and there's only so much time in a movie and you can't show everything...but still, show me the love! I was so happy that they finally looked happy in Eclipse.

Let's hope we get to see it all in Breaking Dawn!

Purgatory Carol said...

RIGHT Leslie - and notice how Eclipse was the best film so far? As much as I HEART Catherine Hardwicke for all the emotion she DID get right... the inner workings of Edward and Bella's relationship has never been truly shown. (Don't get me started on 1 - not seeing him carry her to the nurse and 2 - not seeing him sitting alone at a table in the cafeteria, giving her the finger crook. I know, I know... not enough time... but those were two of my favorite scenes in the books.)