Monday, November 8, 2010

THERE WAS NO STREET SCENE IN BREAKING DAWN! Seclusion means SECLUSION!!!

Oh. My. God. I'm trying my very best not to be absolutely heartbroken about this. This is a massive story change. The whole point of Isle Esme was that they were SECLUDED. Just Edward - and Bella. From the moment they got on that boat - until the moment they left - with the housekeepers being the only humans who came near them. That's IT. Their seclusion lent to the craziness of the situation!! There was no street party. I mean - don't get me wrong - a street party scene might be cool. But it's not them! It's not the scene! Edward wanted to get Bella AWAY from people. And he took her in that boat by HIMSELF and knew exactly where he was going in the dark. It put the reader on such a  sensory journey because - while being excited to get away with Edward - you were also a little scared about the fact that you were completely alone on a DESERTED ISLAND with a VAMPIRE.

(puts head down on table) 

I knew this would happen at some point. This Condon guy is totally changing the story. And with that, he's changing the characters. :(

2 comments:

Tracey C said...

We know they will change so much from the book...already have and will finish it how they wish yet again :oP On a brighter note...Simpsons last night was to funny, here is the link http://team-twilight.com/20101108/video-tweenlight-spoof-on-the-simpsons/

Purgatory Carol said...

I know Tracey - I DVRed it - I waited for weeks for that ep - and not even because it was Edward... but because it was Daniel Radcliffe's voice! I love myself some Harry Potter mmmhhhhmmmm. ;)