Monday, February 23, 2009

The Edward Mix

First off - I really don't have "too much time on my hands"! (I can hear Jen L. laughing from here.) I used to have a job where I was on a computer all day...and I guess old habits die hard. Being on the computer for 5 minutes here or there, in between cleaning the breakfast dishes and getting on the treadmill is not an odd thing for me. It keeps me from feeling like I've given every last piece of myself to the never ending world of Mommying.

NOW - on to my point - this morning has been like an Edward-fest on my car radio. Seriously. I've always thought I'd have been good at working behind the scenes at a film studio, putting music to soundtracks...and today is no different. Check out the tuneage I've been lucky enough to hear this AM:

The One Thing from INXS (do you remember Michael Hutchence - god rest his beautiful soul - being all hot and vampirific in the video? Enough said.) Check out these lyrics!!

The Sun Always Shines on TV from A-HA. Just a beautiful song. Starts out slow but works its' way into a quick and desperate pace. It is quite an 80s symphony of sorts... and has Edward written all over it from the ethereal music to the friggin amaging lyrics.

Here's a taste:

I Reached inside myself
And found nothing there
To ease the pressure of
My ever worrying mind
All my powers waste away
I fear the crazed and lonely looks
The mirror's sending me
These Days
Please don't ask me to defend
The shameful lowlands
Of the way I'm drifting
Gloomily through time


Talk of the Town
from the Pretenders - See previous post.

Fortress Around Your Heart from Sting Holy CRAP listen to these lyrics:

"If I've built this fortress around your heart
Encircled you with trenches and barbed wire
Then let me build a bridge, for I cannot fill the chasm
And let me set the battlements on fire."

I'll admit it. I am a sickening, gushy, over-the-top romantic at heart. It's hard to believe, seeing as I actually told Tom not to get me flowers this past Valentines Day. I'm extremely internal about it - and find the desperate much more interesting than the A-OK. And yes - I'm a bit obsessed with these silly tween books. But you know what? I'm a desperate housewife. And I could be doing all sorts of things to fill up my time that would be a lot worse than getting a little over-excited about a few vampire novels. And I know that when I'm all finished these books, life will go back to being somewhat ho-hum. Until Vampire Bill comes back in the Spring, that is. God bless HBO. ;)