Thursday, February 26, 2009

Get to the Good Stuff

SPOILER ALERT - do not read unless you have read up to page 245 in Eclipse.

I am finding myself skimming. And I loathe skimming because I might miss something I need to know. But I am up to the part about the Bonfire (you know, where selfish Bella leaves Edward to go sit around with Jacob and his friends). And I'm finding it really hard to concentrate on these werewolf stories because I'm worried that she's late and Edward is getting upset. I came to a conclusion this morning, which is that she doesn't truly love Edward. If she did, how could she possibly put him through this anxiety? And why would she want to? You remember how it was 15 million years ago when we were all seniors in highschool and dating. If you had a boyfriend, you spent every waking hour with him. You weren't out prowling around in La Push, hoping for a hand squeeze from a wolf with a temperature issue. Remember that feeling of "oh my god I have to see him RIGHT NOW". She doesn't have that with Edward. At least not like she used to. I can't help but think if she truly, really loved him, she'd be over at his house laying around on his black leather couch, listening to music and staring into his liquid gold eyes. (Preferably Duran Duran's "Tel Aviv" off their first album, but hey, that's just me. Take a listen if you get a minute, and think of being on the couch with Edward while doing so. You'll swoon.)