Saturday, March 7, 2009

The End is Near

I am on page 245 of 264 of the rough draft of Midnight Sun....and am starting to get depressed, knowing once it's over, Edward is gone. I think I better hold off and read the rest in the morning, so when I finish it, it won't seem as depressing. Things always seem worse at night, don't they? There is no way I could avoid reading it though...if the opportunity arises this evening. I am inexplicably drawn to this character....the way Edward's character is drawn to Bella. I have no way of fighting it or rationalizing! Just read read read. It's maddening. If someone - anyone - can get through to Stephenie Meyer - please let her know she must keep writing Edward's side of the story. She is right up there with Jane Austen as far as I am concerned. And Jane Austen's library is complete. But Stephenie Meyer's doesn't have to be! She should have an ego the size of the Good Year Blimp right about now. I wonder if she realizes how much we're all counting on her to bring Edward back to life.

No comments: