Friday, March 6, 2009

Whoops - Missed it!

SPOILER ALERT - Do not read unless you have FINISHED Breaking Dawn!


So I just lent Breaking Dawn to my friend Ellen at school. She had this look in her eye... a look you can make out across the parking lot... one many of my friends have had lately. That scared, slightly deranged look that says "I've finished one book and I can't find the next!" When I found myself in that spot last Friday, I called Booktowne in Manasquan and promptly drove over and bought Breaking Dawn. Problem solved. So what if I could take the family to Surf Taco for what I paid for it? It would be well worth going hungry. And I am thrilled to be able to loan it out and spread the word of Edward.

So before I took the book to Ellen, I flipped through the birth scene a bit, because I knew I'd missed a lot due to my spazziness and wanting to know what happened. It's only too easy to read too fast with a "yeah yeah - Jacob's mad - whatever" attitude when you're trying to find out if Bella lives or dies. And when I was reading, I laughed heartily out loud when Renesmee bit Bella and Edward says "Renesmee - No!"....and Jacob says it was as if he was trying to teach the monster manners. HOW FRIGGIN FUNNY IS THAT?! I was also very impressed with Edward. I don't know that I realized how well he took charge and delivered that baby all by himself. Way to go. I'm thinking the two medical degrees came in handy. That also lead me to think Bella should go into medicine, seeing she's so good at being around humans. Rosalie caved like JFK stadium in Philly once she saw the blood. Whatever- I can't be mad at her for it. She truly came through in the end. I really thought she'd try to keep that baby from Bella once she came around...but she never did. That was tres decent of her.

LASTLY - I never - NEVER - realized Jacob imprinted - until after Bella came around. I originally read that last page of his side of the story at lightning speed so I could find out what happened to Bella. So today I was blown away when I realized "Oh holy &^% - he really did imprint the second he saw her. I just thought he was upset that Bella was dead. DOH! I'm not a smart man (said like Forrest Gump).

No comments: