Saturday, April 4, 2009

Adaline Rocks

Just found this great Vancouver Sun interview with indie musician, Adaline. She talks about meeting Robert Pattinson at a Juno after-party and how he was so thankful she treated him like a normal human. She also says he smells really good.

I also really enjoyed this blog entry from Adam B. Vary on the Entertainment Weekly site about fake New Moon posters made by fans. They really are neat. I hope the real ones are this aesthetically pleasing. (These days I love to use phrases like this because this is the way my grandmother used to speak - very proper - and she was born in 1902, a year after Edward. Only a fellow Twilight dork will understand this.)

I am also reading all over the place that Jackson Rathbone - aka Jasper - played a surprise concert with a band called 100 Monkeys over the weekend. Thanks to Twilightmoms.com and newmoonmovie.org for the info.

I have gushed about twilightmoms before...but now I must gush over newmoonmovie.org because WOW they are a great site. Lots of graphics (warning, I crashed twice and my iBook and internet connection are both in decent shape) and up-to-the-minute info about New Moon. Luvs it!

Lastly, I must mention this love/hate relationship I'm having with all this New Moon coverage. I love it because I am a Twilight loser. And I need more cowbell. So I can't get enough. But every once in a while I get all smug and "ugh I'm sooo tired of hearing about these actors - Rob Pattinson is NOT EDWARD and never will be!" and have to close the laptop and walk the heck AWAY from it all for a while. Then, like most addicts, I swear I'm done with my Twilight obsession and don't care what Nikki Reed is hosting or how good Kellen what's-his-name looks without a shirt on. But - alas - the next morning things seem so insignificant and I think "oh big deal - they're just photos"..or "it's just an article"...and next thing I know I am shoving the Twilight needle right back into my arm and hating myself all over again.

Damn you, Stephenie Meyer for making me love you! (It was only a matter of time before I worked in an "Izzie and Denny" reference, the only other couple on par with Bella and Edward in my world - and we all know how THAT one turned out.) Please FINISH MIDNIGHT SUN and take me away from all this movie celebrity nonsense!

No comments: