Sunday, April 5, 2009

MY new moon

"Because there was just one thing that I had to believe to be able to live -- I had to know that he existed. That was all. Everything else I could endure. So long as he existed."

I've decided to read New Moon again - as per Stephenie Meyer's request. I suppose I still feel guilty about reading her Midnight Sun manuscript and I am trying to make amends. I figure it should up my karma a notch, possibly making her want to finish Midnight Sun. More than any of that, though, I want to reread it for the same reason she suggests rereading it; I missed half the book the first time around! I was absolutely desperate for an Edward return, so much so that I raced through most of Jacob and Bella's time together. And hello? The movie is coming out in November. I want to be ON MY GAME and really feel good about these two characters.

You know what's cool? While I wasn't a Twilight fan when they announced and cast the first movie, I am now. So I'm enjoying the heck out of it this time around. When I read the casting announcement for the wolf pack, I was almost giddy. And I HATED the wolf pack the first time I read this book. OK "hated" is a ridiculously strong word. I suppose I should say I didn't CARE about them. But now - I'm actually looking forward to the wolf story in New Moon. I really love the book this time. I am handling Bella's breakdown so much better... I am really seeing some of the amazing quotes and comments I completely missed in the first place (see above)... and frankly, I am thrilled with Jacob. Bella was a mess, and he SAVED her. Truly. So I'm seeing this whole new side to New Moon and loving it for its' middle, as much as its' beginning and its' end.

And as for the quote at the top... all I can say is... "sigh". I get that quote. I've
said that quote in my own life. It's so tragic. And what's even more tragic is that Edward doesn't really exist. (We all remind ourselves of that once in a while. Admit it. You know you do.) But as long as we are reading a Twilight series book... or watching a Twilight series movie... or commenting on a Twilight series blog... he does, right? He does in MY world.

*Thanks to Lainey Gossip for the photo.

No comments: