Monday, April 20, 2009

Gaps. Lots of Gaps.

Am I the only one who would sell my soul if Stephenie Meyer would just fill in some gaps? Don't you ever get curious about things that were skimmed over in the books? Like...Edward's return. Don'tcha want to know what happened on his and Alice's first day back at school? I'd love it if they worked that into the New Moon movie. Mike Newton just absolutely soiling his pants when he sees Edward walk in the door. Oh that would be priceless. I was never happy with the "summer mention" early on in New Moon, either. Bella said it was the best summer of her life. Um, why? What did she do? More meadow visits? Something tells me Edward's not a mall guy... not that Bella strikes me as the Macy's type, either. And I know they weren't having picnics. Unless they were in the forest and Bella didn't mind getting deer blood on her good gingham table cloth.

And...when Bella got the paper cut, the Cullens still seemed like her new boyfriend's family. Not like a family she's come to know and love. When I read all the extras on stepheniemeyer.com, I wish she'd write a few more. You know... in between making cookies for her kids' class parties and washing the kitchen floor. Couldn't she just sit down and type out 10 or so pages about Bella and Edward making out in the janitor's closet at school while Alice stood outside and kept watch? How about a little 5 page ditty about Esme showing Bella photos of Edward's 2nd graduation from med school? SOMETHING. Seriously. I need more cowbell.

No comments: