Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Team Jasper?!

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

(That quote is from Stephen King, who I am currently thoroughly annoyed with for dissing Stephenie Meyer. But it's topical... and hits a little too close to home.)

Finally getting around to watching Jackson Rathbone - aka Jasper - on Criminal Minds from two weeks ago (that's where I got the above quote!) WOW. I have given this guy a hard time for his hair in Twilight but he is absolutely adorable. WHY WHY WHY do they make his hair look like Phyllis Diller on crack in the movie?! When you see his new 'do in New Moon, it's a little more fitting for the time period Jasper's character was turned. But still. It's... big. And bouffant. And generally not hot. But wow is he minty in this episode of Criminal Minds. AND HIS ACTING IS TREMENDOUS! Not that we'd know from Twilight, since he had about 2 lines. I assume he'll get his chance to shine in Eclipse when he has to be all Jasper-the-Civil-War-Soldier-Vampire. Go Team Jasper!

2 comments:

JeDeCe said...

How did I miss this post a FULL YEAR AGO? LOL, I must not have caught Jacksonitis yet, I suppose...but you are abso-effin-lutely correct: This man can ACT!

and of course, he's gorgeous. Yay Team Jasper!

Purgatory Carol said...

Oh the Criminal Minds episode did it for me. He's never (yet) been able to shine in the Twilight films... but my god - in Criminal Minds he was so effing good. The whole episode revolves around him. Definitely worth another watch!