Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hey! "Edward Robert" is back! Right on!

I've made no bones about the fact that Rob Pattinson is "so not my Edward" in the past, as wonderful and delicious as he was in the Twilight movie. This is due to his usual scruff... green eyes... crazy-assed muppet hair, etc, when we see him in all those intrusive paparazzi shots. COMMA *Thanks to julielinker.com for the photo. HOWEVER, just check him out in this FABULOUS shot from Popsugar.com of him being completely invaded while getting into a cab after Kristen Stewart's 19th birthday outing in Vancouver. HE LOOKS SO EDWARD! I've never seen anyone who can go from 0 - 60 in the pretty department like he can. One minute it's "Gah! um, no thanks, I'll pass." The next - BAM! He's bringin' the Edward! I love it!

I am probably excited about Rob P's recent "Edwardness" because I have sortof declared a self-induced Edward ban at the moment. I am at the part in my New Moon re-read where Bella just told Jacob she knows he's a werewolf and he is taking her to tell Sam everything she knows about Victoria, as well as the Cullen's secret powers. (I had a problem with that the first time I read the book but I wonder if I'll change my mind now. I'm so pro-Jacob that I'll probably be like "well screw the Cullens! They left her there! To be killed by Victoria! No love for them!")

But I am flying home on Friday, and as I edge closer to Edward's return in New Moon, I thought it would be cool to hold off on reading about Bella and Alice's flight to Volterra until I'm actually on my plane, flying home. Won't that be cool? The Spirit airlines flight attendant will be offering me a $17 soda and I'll be all "Shhh! They're on the plane! What if they don't make it?!?" It's gonna be sweet.

PS - Dudes, how can MTV think that Rob P's hair looks like Edward in this photo? This picture invokes memories of Gary Oldman's ridiculous butt head in Bram Stoker's "Dracula". Just sayin'. *Thanks to MTV and movieactors.com for the photos.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey, now! Don't you be dissin' on my man, Gary Oldman! LOL. You know I love him (even with the butt-head), cuz the less that man showers the sexier he gets...but I digress.
I'm a little distrubed by your switching teams,Carol. I have not reread New Moon, and I did feel for Jacob the whole time I read the series, but wishing Edward would not return? Blasphemy!