Thursday, April 9, 2009

Go ahead. Reread New Moon. I dare ya.

First I have to throw a huge shout out to my niece - and her peeps - at Rowan University. Cait, Rud, Mair and everyone else I have not met but PLAN TO soon! Not only do they have the famous "Edward Cullen Funnel" (or beer bong as we used to call them when I was in college 80 million years ago), but they also read my blog! How cool is that?!

OK I have totally and completely reached Twihard status. I am now blogging from my in laws' house in Florida. I wasn't even going to bring my laptop... but I caved at the last minute because I couldn't stand to be away from my Twilight blog! SAD SAD SAD! And that was nothing compared to the stress I had over not being able to bring my entire Twilight library on the plane. "But what if I need an Edward marriage proposal fix?!" or "What if I just HAVE to reread the honeymoon scene?!" Decisions...decisions. In the end, I decided on New Moon.

I am ridiculously immersed in New Moon - again. I have to ask anyone who has read the series to go back and reread it. I never thought I'd be so committed the second time around. I thought "Eh, I'm going to get bored and need me some Edward". But something really strange happens when you read it the second time around: Edward leaves - you're all sad - you keep reading - and BAM! - you're all KINDS of up in Jacob's shizz. And you can't get out. And you're all "Wow I can't WAIT to see this movie" and you start getting really excited for November 20th! (Not only do I have plans to see it during the day with a bunch of other Twilight-loving chicks in my hood, but I'm also planning a "100 Days 'til New Moon" party in August. Yup. I'm thinking pomegranate cosmos or sangria on the patio. And maybe an Italian dish from the Food Network. But I digress.)

Ya know...there is a part of me that is actually prolonging the book because I want Edward to stay away. HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD did I just say that?! Me?! The girl who owns an Edward Cullen Fan Club shirt?! The girl who takes a lot of crap on Facebook for choosing Edward Cullen as one of my top five hotties?!! I did! I can't BELIEVE it! Then again, I am also the girl who just ordered a ring made from a stone from the La Push beach. And let's face it - La Push and Jacob go hand in hand. So it's official; I'm one fickle beotch.

What's funny is that I am just as rabid about New Moon as I was the first time. I ignored my family on the plane so I could read about Jacob getting sick and ignoring Bella. The first time I read it, I was like "Fine. Whatevs. You puke, he pukes, get mad at him, go see him and then BRING BACK EDWARD!" Now, I'm like "Oh my god Bella, don't you see Jacob needs you? You love him! Go help him! Go see him! Ignore Billy! GO!" I seriously don't know what's gotten into me. I think it's Doreen.

Doreen is my friend who is on Team Jacob all the way. She can't stand Edward. She has come to the conclusion that she loves Jacob because she's always cold and, well, we all know Edward's hands feel like he's the spawn of Snow Miser. I thought she'd lose her friggin MIND when she got to the part in Eclipse where Jacob has to hold Bella in the tent. Holy COW she was a happy camper. Hmmm...pun intended, I suppose.

So anyway, I'm rambling and need to shut up. (Thanks to Honey, my mother in law, for dying eggs with the kids and giving me the opportunity to sit the hell DOWN for five seconds and blog!)

So get reading and let's discuss! I'd love to hear how everyone else feels!

No comments: