Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just... Simply... Moon.

I do all my best thinking in two places. The shower...and my bed, late at night. So last night, I'm wide awake because my 4 year old decided to come in my room a few times and I finally let him get in my bed. Cool for him, but beat for me. When this happens, he falls asleep and beats the snot outta me while dreaming, while I lay there and think about anything that comes into my head.

So what came into my head last night? The SICKEST, most PERFECT song for New Moon. It just...appeared. All the sudden I was just hearing it...and thinking "EUREKA"! The song is by a band called Dada who had a hit or two in the 90s - remember "Dizz Knee Land" and "Dim"? TreMENdous tuneage....I assure you.

OK so anyway - the song is actually called "Moon". It's slow and absolutely beautiful. It's mostly just a sweet, haunting acoustic and vocals...and then some electric guitar and drums come in at the end for a short time (which could be scrapped - but it could be cool to rev it up a bit while Jacob is diving in after Bella)...and then it goes back to being just acoustic at the end. But beyond it being SO FRIGGIN PERFECT because of its' title and lyrics, it would be even better if they got Rob Pattinson to record it - a la "Never Think" from the Twilight soundtrack, which was one of his own personal recordings they decided to put into the movie.

OK so here is where you can hear the song. Imagine Bella diving off the cliff....or lying in the forest after Edward left her... or just lying in her bed catatonic. Holy CRAP this song is perfect. I think I have chills.

And here are the lyrics. So beautiful. And adding Rob P to the mix would make it even better. I cannot believe the way this just popped into my head last night. My god they mention going to the sea (OK with a car but whatever)... and of course, the song is about losing someone...wow.

The night before the moon died
you realized
the flowers that you picked
and kept locked away
Were never to be seen
by naked lovers' eyes
The night before the moon died
you realized
The night before the moon died
you had your chance to make it right
but you never did
Take your car right out of gear
send it over to the sea
Touch your fingers to the water
Put your hands to your face
The night before the moon died
you realized
You had your chance
to make it right
You had your chance
to change your mind
You had your chance
to save your life
but you never did

No comments: