Sunday, April 26, 2009

Midnight Sun Playlist

Am I the only dope who didn't know Stephenie Meyer has a PLAYLIST for Midnight Sun on her website? DUH! Wow - tremendous tuneage. Hemorrhage from Fuel is played on my iPod about once a week. Love Glycerine from Bush, too.

Imagine seeing this in the theatre:
"
The Twilight Saga: Midnight Sun".

The thought alone makes me need to go lie down.

You know what else makes me need to go lie down? Listening to Stephenie Meyers' playlist for New Moon - and listening to the songs from Edward's perspective. I have said it many times and will continue to say...that Stephenie Meyer is Edward Cullen. She is the closest thing to Edward Cullen any of us will ever get. So when you listen to a song that she has chosen to represent Edward's thoughts... Wow. Just... Wow. And don't get me started on her picks for Bella. "My Immortal" from Evanescence? Holy crap. Did she write the book WHILE LISTENING TO THIS SONG? It's incredibly perfect.

OK Lastly... because I am surely rambling at this point (which is pretty much the effect Edward Cullen has always had on me) I am listening to this song on SM's New Moon playlist and having a bit of a moment. I've previously mentioned a boyfriend from years ago who died when we were 17. Blah blah blah I won't go into my 23 year old pity party right now. But I *will* tell you that there is a song I've heard a few times over the past couple years that has always paralyzed me for a minute or two because it sounded like something he'd sing to me after all was said and done. And damn if it isn't on this list, as a song from Edward's perspective. I am... speechless. "Hate Me" from Blue October. Give it a listen.

No comments: