Friday, May 1, 2009

The Big Eclipse Reread

OK so I'm now rereading Eclipse and getting to that point where I need to talk about it. Kindof amusing, seeing as that's what made me start this blog in the first place.

First of all - sigh - Edward sings Bella to sleep. I don't think I appreciated that as much the first time around. It's so sweet. I'm always saying single guys should read the Twilight series so they'll know exactly what women want in a man. But come on. Writing lullabies and singing them them to you in the middle of the night? That - shit - don't - happen (said like Chris Rock).

So now I'm reading the part when Bella and the Cullens know someone was in Bella's room - and they're all being protective of her (gag) - and Edward is sitting on her couch while she's talking to Jacob on the phone. And he reaches his hand out for the phone. And he talks to Jacob. And they get along. It's really a turning point and again, I didn't appreciate it the first time around. Seeing as I sobbed like a baby when Edward called Jacob "my brother - my son" at the end of Breaking Dawn, you'd think I would have. I am such a pile of mush at the thought of Edward and Jacob being friends. Choke me in the shallow water before I get too deep, please.

*My thanks to stepeniemeyer.com for the graphic.

No comments: