Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dear Nikki, You rock. Love, Carol

This is... in a word: awesome. I feel so much better, knowing we have an advocate in that cast who is pushing for them to stay true to the books. Check out this excerpt from an MTV interview with Nikki Reed:

"Reed did promise us, however, that she won't be going to Italy with hopes that Weitz will see her on set and decide he might as well interject Rosalie into some additional scenes. "Absolutely not," she promised. "No. I feel so strongly about them sticking to the books.

"In fact, there was a scene in a very early draft of the 'New Moon' [script] that they had invented that was not in the books," Reed revealed. "And there was a discussion, and that scene is no longer in the script.

"I don't want to be in more of the movie just to be in more of the movie — and I think if they do that with any of the other actors that it is ridiculous, because I think that the only way that we can succeed is to stick to the books," she insisted. "If you are worried about how to please the fans, you will fail if you don't stick to the books."

LOVE her! (said in my high-pitched voice). Forget what I said about the bad dye job they gave her in Twilight. It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that she - and hopefully others in that cast - are working to make sure the films are as close to the books as possible. And that rocks.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Good for her...but you know she's just biding her time. Pretty soon we have a big Rosalie scene coming, don't we? She probably doesn't want any of the others horning in on her time. LOL...or am I attributing Rosalie's character's flaws to the poor actress? ;)

Purgatory Carol said...

Well I have to say... I was thinking about this after I blogged it...and I thought "Hmmm..I certainly don't remember a salad bowl being crushed in the books. Nor do I remember a kitchen scene where they used the Food Network to cook Bella an Italian meal." But - I figured they were all a compilation of Edward cooking (thanks to the aforementioned Food Network) in Breaking Dawn..and Esme ordering Italian food (the good stuff from Port Angeles) in Eclipse...and I was OK with the scene. They probably never knew if they'd get a chance to make a second film or not...so why not throw it all in the original? Either way - I hope she's serious and I hope she keeps it up if they get too creative. And I'd love to know what scene they cut out.

Purgatory Carol said...

PS - good point. It is hard to differentiate sometimes, isn't it? I guess it's a bit easier when she's not in the blond wig. Same as it's easier to NOT think of Rob P. as Edward when he's got 4 days of scruff and his hair looks like Pepe the Muppet. ;)