Friday, May 15, 2009

A Few Good Twihards

So I went out with some of my Twilight buds last night. Jen L, Shannon C, Jen M. Great women - who are just as over-the-top as me where Twilight is concerned. (Well, maybe not Jen L. She wouldn't take pictures of yellow Porsche's in parking lots.) Oh and note to self - COSMOS ARE THE DEVIL. But what's funny is that we feel like we have to whisper in the parking lot at school - or go out at night - to discuss Twilight. Because Twilight mania is going on everywhere - yet still a somewhat underground thing. And I have become a major supplier. A Twilight go-to girl, if you will. I feel like Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men", doing a dirty job that I love - in secret. My existence - while grotesque and incomprehensible to you - saves lives. The lives of women who just need an escape from kids or work. So I chat up Twilight or write a blog or buy the books for my friends and family, just to spread the word. And here's the bottom line. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT me on that wall. You NEED me on that wall. Yup. I deal Twilight. And I like it. PS - Guess who grew up in my little area of the Jersey shore? If you guessed Jack Nicholson, you are correct. He came back a few years ago to go to his 50th high school reunion. Once a local, always a local.

No comments: