Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just finished Breaking Dawn. Again.

I realized I've barely mentioned my big Breaking Dawn re-read... probably because I've been taking my time and picking it up here and there. Here are my thoughts at present:

- Caius... is a douche.
- As with the other books, I loved this so much more the 2nd time around. I didn't race through the visiting vampire stuff toward the end and I frankly cannot WAIT to see who they cast in the movie. I would give my left ovary to see a little Jonathan Rhys Meyers action... or possibly a Jude Law casting, perhaps? (And PS I had him on the brain days ago BEFORE they started asking RPattz about him in the media. Word.) OK Back to the book:
- Every time Edward and Jacob have "a moment" I'm so verklempt I want to send someone a sappy Hallmark card.
- Why can't Alice "see" half-immortals? I thought she couldn't "see" things when Renesmee was around because she was tied to Jacob. But she couldn't see Nahuel, either. And if you don't remember who Nahuel is, you need to get your ass in gear and re-read Breaking Dawn, too.
- Why does Stephenie throw Esme so few crumbs in this book? They might as well save their pennies and send poor Elizabeth Reaser back to Grey's Anatomy during the shooting of this movie since she's barely in the book. And believe me, I love her, too. I need more cowbell - and Esme.
- Bella and Edward = Sappy and Sappier in this book. I love 'em - and I loved the book - but man they are so gooey at the end. I half expect them to call each other schnookems and stay up late watching "7th Heaven" reruns.

It is a-ma-zing to me to see the difference between "Breaking Dawn Bella and Edward" and "Twilight Bella and Edward". In Breaking Dawn, Edward's home entertaining the guests on the Steinway while Bella's taking Renesmee to her father's for a lovely afternoon visit (um, not actually. Can we say J. Jenks?) Certainly is a far cry from the high school days when Edward was stalking half the junior class' brains for Bella tidbits in the middle of English class. Or was it Geometry class? Uh oh....I can't remember. And you know what THAT means?! Yup! The big, ol' MIDNIGHT SUN RE-READ!!! Stay tuned!

No comments: