Sunday, June 7, 2009

No no no no no no no no

Nope. Don't like it. AT ALL. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent Kelly Clarkson tune; I dig her a lot. But this song is too angry underneath the surface. Bella did not think this way about Edward leaving. She never ever uttered a negative word about him while he was gone. She was just... sad.

***There is some discrepancy about this song. It's supposedly a demo from 2007 called "Did You" - but I'm not finding anything called "Empty as I Am" so maybe they've renamed the demo? She says Empty as I Am has a "sweet melody" - and this isn't a sweet song. So maybe it's not the right song? If someone can clear this up, please let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was NEw Moon out that long ago? She says she wrote it after reading that book...hmm...

Purgatory Carol said...

Yeah - I'm thinking 2005 maybe?