Saturday, July 4, 2009

Breaking Dawn dirt

Apparently Ashley Greene recently told an interviewer that they are going to start filming "Breaking Dawn" right after they finish "Eclipse". She also said she has yet to see an Eclipse script yet. I am not putting a ton of credence into anything unless it comes from Summit or Stephenie Meyer. But it's still exciting to hear the talk and start considering the possibilities. Check out this awesome article from Nadya Vlassoff over at Deadbolt. She is saying Stephenie Meyer is slated to co-write the screenplay. Holy crap - I BET THAT'S WHAT SHE'S DOING NOW! (yelled in that aggro-but-endearing British fangirl's voice) Remember what I said? She skipped the MTV Awards. She took down her Myspace page. She wants no distractions. Because she's WRITING, people. SHE'S WRITING! Anyway - Nadya also says that it is rumored that Kristin Stewart has NOT signed on. That is MOST interesting, don't you say? I don't know how to feel about that. Love me some Kstew... but I don't think I'd cry in my cornflakes if she wasn't Bella. I think I'm going to like her better as Joan.

SO - this post BEGS THE QUESTION: If Kstew didn't sign on to play Bella Swan in Breaking Dawn (which we all know she will, but humor me people)... WHO SHOULD REPLACE HER? And WHY AM I SCREAMING?! (The beach! The truck!!!)

9 comments:

Jenn D said...

Hmmm...that's an interesting development. I'm with you, I think that KStew will sign on for Breaking Dawn eventually. She'd be a fool not to, seeing as she's a crappy, one dimensional actress in general and post Twilight Saga the whole world will realize this and the roles will dry up.
I've been thinking on this for a day or two since you posted this...trying to come up with a good replacement for her. And I just keep coming back to the thought that it should be an unknown actress. I guess I'll never be a casting director! LOL!
But I like this discussion...and I want to know what the rest of you think!

Purgatory Carol said...

I'm loving the unknown actress concept. I don't think I even know many younger actresses except the scary MTVers or the bitchy ones like Megan Fox (vom). Bryce Dallas Howard's too old right? How about Emily Browning? She seems good but I don't know that she and Rob P would look right together. Had this movie been made 20 years ago, I would have loved Annabeth Gish.

Tracey R. said...

Y'know, I still don't know why they didn't go with Evan Rachel Wood from the get-go, considering the gratuitous Catherine Hardwicke connection. (After all, that's has to be the only reason how Nikki Reed, totally miscast both in looks and acting ability, got the part.) Maybe they couldn't afford ERW? Or maybe her Marilyn Manson phase scared them off? No one else is coming to mind--back in the day, they might have gone with Winona Ryder...OOOH wait, I just thought of the perfect "back in the day" casting: CLAIRE DANES. Bella TOTALLY = Angela from My So Called Life.

Purgatory Carol said...

OK wait though - I would see Winona Ryder as Alice, no? Claire Danes. Interesting. Very interesting. I could see it. Although I could see her being morose all the time, too. Why can't the "powers that be" see that Bella has a great sense of humor and actually LAUGHS once in a while? Do you think Kristen Stewart chose to play her "all sullen - all the time"? Or do you think Catherine Hardwicke directed her that way?

Jenn D said...

OOOO! ERW is a good call! I could see that.

What about (and don't go all screaming crazy yet, hear me out) Emma Watson? She was AWFUL in the first HP film, but I think she's grown and she's at least 100x prettier than KStew. Plus she's already friends with Rob and rumored to have chemistry with him, right?

Meh, maybe I'm crazy and should just stick with my 'safe' unknown actress suggestion.

Purgatory Carol said...

No screaming from me. I thought the same thing.

Tracey R. said...

Haven't seen any of the Harry Potters, so I have nothing to go on re: EW.

I do have an interesting idea for an unknown tho. Just saw a show on Broadway called "Next to Normal"--there's a girl named Jennifer Damiano that would be a GREAT Bella, imo--she plays the angsty daughter of a bipolar woman. Take a look at this clip and see what you think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPRsZZ6TxY

Jenn D said...

That's an interesting proposition, Tracey. She does look the part. In the 30 sec clip she showed more emotion than KStew did in the whole movie!

Jenn M said...

Jenn D mentioned - Emma Watson? Yes! She definitely could do Bella. Also, I always thought the younger version of Katie Holmes - before Tom Cruise - when she was Joey Potter on Dawson's Creek. I know I know - what is "she" talking about? Sorry - babbling again.