Monday, August 17, 2009

My Breaking Dawn Playlist

OK. I know it's early. I know it's premature. But. I. Just. Had. To. And there is barely anything on it. But I feel so incredibly strongly about "Lightning Crashes" from Live being on this playlist, that I had to explain. This sound might not be new. It might not be edgy and full of teen angst. But holy hell - I have never, EVER, felt more strongly about a song being used in a Stephenie Meyer adapted film in my LIFE. Here's what I want (my demands, if you will): I want the ENTIRE SONG played - with no interruption - during the birth scene. OK - humor me. Hit "play" and listen... and picture this: Edward and Jacob yelling back and forth and trying to save Bella while the early, more quiet part of the song is played. Then as the song progresses and the momentum starts building, we see Edward and Jacob in slow motion - Edward stabbing Bella with the syringe of venom... and Jacob watching in horror. Jacob comes down the stairs, sees the baby and imprints. And Edward's face is just devastated while he waits by Bella's bedside, holding the baby. Then - as the song is coming to a close, Bella wakes up and jumps up and is looking around... OH. MY. GOD. This song has given me goosebumps from the very first time I heard it (back in the early 90s when some of you were being potty trained, but whatev.) And to pair it with the most awesome - literally AWESOME - scene in Breaking Dawn. Wow. Just... Wow. And don't take my word for it; listen to the lyrics...

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

9 comments:

Tracey R. said...

Oh good GOD I love "Lightning Crashes." LOVE IT.

Jenn D said...

This is PERFECTION! And since you've stirred my Live fan-dom, I think that 'I Alone' could work in Eclipse...what do you think?

Purgatory Carol said...

I. LOVE. BOTH. OF. YOU!!!! It's hard to put soul out there like I do with my playlists! Jenn holy SHIZZLE I never thought of that song! So perfect for Mr Possessive" aka Edward. I have to go listen to it.

Jenn D said...

Edward or Jacob for that matter...I was kind of picturing Jake everytime she leaves him to go back to Edward. All his passion and angst and heartbreak, yet he tries repeatedly to convince her that his love is true.

Wow. I almost sounded like a defector there...Just for the record: Go Team Edward! ;)

Purgatory Carol said...

Oh BELIEVE me. I am the biggest EC fan on the planet, but every time I so much as see the trailer I get all KINDS of up in Jacob Black's fall-guy goodness. Seriously. The movie is going to be tough. I spent a good part of NM being downright angry with Edward... which, I suppose, is what we're supposed to do. That's one of the best things about SM's writing. She makes you become the character. We're all going to be on Team Jacob at one point or another, even if it's just for a few minutes, because we're going to be so incredibly sad, just like Bella.

Whoops! Did I just go OFF on NM? I'm thinking I did. Only 92 days to go, people...92 days to go.

Tracey R. said...

I tell you what....Taylor Lautner and his parents better start getting ready. Now. B/c NM is going to do for him what Twilight did to the previously unknown RPattz. He is going to be HUGE. I think once that movie comes out, the Team Edward vs. Team Jacob contingent is going to be much more of a level playing field...

Purgatory Carol said...

1000% agreed. Jenn M and Shannon and I just discussed this tonight. After New Moon, Edward isn't the main event anymore. Taylor Lautner is going to be the "it guy" and Rob P. will probably be thrilled. He can go back to sitting around in his week old underwear, strumming his guitar and eating his Hot Pockets while wondering where he left his car...

Anonymous said...

You're a genious about your description of/intention about "Lightening Crashes"

Purgatory Carol said...

Why THANK YOU Anonymous! I have been neglecting these poor little playlists... I have to put more songs on Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. The Lightning Crashes thing gives me chills...