Thursday, October 15, 2009

More Deep (Twilight) Thoughts

You know what will really piss me off? If these naysayer book snobs who are too good for Twilight actually go and see the films - and then dare to judge the story based on what they see. It doesn't matter how well done any of the films are, you have to read the books. Am I wrong?! I think not.

OK so... you know...I seek out new interviews with Stephenie Meyer because I love hearing anything she has to say about writing the books - and hearing her opinions on the characters. My point? I should know the answer to the following questions: Did Stephenie Meyer know the whole story, through the end of Breaking Dawn, while she was writing book 2? Did she know that Jacob was going to imprint on Renesmee in Book 4 when she wrote about Quill imprinting on Claire in Book 2? Was that foreshadowing? Was that done so we'd swallow the jagged little pill of an adult imprinting on a child... and wouldn't freak out when she did it in Book 4?

And here's a quick little diddy I am curious about: Is anyone going to watch Rob Pattinson's "The Haunted Airman" which Netflix is kindly shipping to me as I type? Have those of you in the UK already seen this ages ago? If so, you are most likely laughing at me and my sad little American excitement over the video just becoming available here. LOL It's cool. I'd laugh at me, too.

That's all. For now. But it's a rainy day and I have a lot of driving around to do. And I listen to the (Sirius) radio a lot in my car... and that's when I think up all my TwiQuestions. So beware - there may be more....

8 comments:

Tracey R. said...

Don't I remember reading somewhere that Stephenie Meyer actually wrote what ended up becoming Breaking Dawn immediately after Twilight--but that it didn't get published right away? So in a sense, she did know how the story was going to turn out...

Tracey C said...

I don't know that I will watch the movie...will depend on your review...Love him as Edward and would Love to hear more of his music but older movies...don't know.

People Magazine is putting out a special edition Twilight Mag tom....Google it! :o)

Tracey C said...

Hope it works :o)

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20311989,00.html

Purgatory Carol said...

Oooh I know, Tracey C! You're right! Jenn D sent a link to me this AM. I am getting it. I have to. BABY PICTURES. I'm such a sucker for a quality rag such as People. PS - Tracey R - you're right about that book - "Forever Dawn". Stephenie Meyer auctioned off a copy and the winner had to sign a confidentiality agreement. Apparently it was more mature than Breaking Dawn. What I wouldn't do to get my hot little hands on that piece of literary gold...

Tracey C said...

I know have to run out later tom for a lottery ticket and a PEOPLE MAG!!! Maybe 2...one to touchy and one to stash :oP

Purgatory Carol said...

I know, right? Add it to the collection with the Rob Pattinson GQ. LOL!

Tracey C said...

I don't have to GQ Hmmmm Couldn't get the People today either...fricken Canada is slow!! LOL I am sure soon though

Purgatory Carol said...

That may be so, but you produce many of the best Hollywood stars and for that, we thank you!