Wednesday, October 7, 2009

More Michael Sheen goodness...

Check out this little blurb from Michael Sheen's interview in Parade:

Speaking of blood, taking on Aro in New Moon.
"There's so much expectation about the sequel. People who are hooked on the stories have very definite ideas about the character from the second book. So it's a dilemma. You want to give them what they expect, what they want to see, but you also want to surprise them. My biggest concern has been that everyone would remember that I played a werewolf in Underworld. So it would be a stretch for me to become a vampire. But I just love Aro. I think he has a gentle side even though he's pretty scary. And I'm just very pleased to have a whole new generation of people I can scare."

His daughter got a literal kick out of the news.
"I was excited about being in New Moon mainly because I thought it would make my daughter Lily very happy since she loved the books and the first movie. But, she was a bit overwhelmed. It was like when I was kid--if there was something I was really into, the last thing I wanted was my mom and dad to be into it as well. So, at first, Lily got upset and sort of cried when I told her. I think it was just like her fantasy imaginative world suddenly colliding with reality. She did punish me a bit. When she kicked me, I think that was sort of acting out her frustration."

I totally agree. I found Aro to be so totally not scary - and yet I was terrified of him. It was so peculiar. I kept waiting for the ball to drop with him - but he gave Edward the big, ol' pardon in New Moon...and he did the right thing and let the Cullens go in Breaking Dawn. I am looking forward to seeing Chris Weitz' vision in New Moon, because the trailers have made it obvious we're going to get to see Aro's nasty side in the movie. To which I say: BRING IT ON!

No comments: