Wednesday, November 18, 2009

2 more days!

Can you believe we're so close? What's odd is that I've had this overwhelming sense of calm over the last few weeks. Me, the freak who hosted a 100 Days 'til New Moon party. Me, the complete wacko who has a Twilight blog. But... I dunno... I think I'm just a wee bit sick of all the hype. There's actually a headline floating around right now about Kellan Lutz' lips. Um, srsly? Could someone please explain to me what in god's name this has to do with Edward Cullen's undying love for Bella Swan? Cuz I'm not seeing the correlation.

Twilight has become this over-the-top, huge-money-making business.... and I guess I don't do well with over-the-top, huge-money-making businesses. (Just ask the kiosk dude at Disney who tried to sell my kids those stupid plastic, rotating light toys which cost fifteen bucks each just because they had princesses and Lightning McQueen on them. Um, no thanks.)

So while I love the books and will make any excuse to talk about them... I am just a bit disillusioned with the press nightmare.

Rob Pattinson was actually yanked from a pre-scheduled Ryan Seacrest interview by his "people" at the premiere because Seacrest had the AUDACITY to ask his majesty if he was dating Kristen Stewart. Seriously? SERIOUSLY??? C'mon. I thought we were talking about Edward Cullen?  Why is this guy's love life so important? And why in god's name don't they just answer the question? OH right because it's their personal life and it's private and they shouldn't have to. OH COME THE HELL ON. The only reason it's this big, burning question is because the've been strategically evading it for months in order to keep themselves in the news (most likely this plan has been commissioned by Summit; don't get me wrong.)  The mere QUESTION of these two dating has become bigger than the relationship, itself. It's all so stupid and media-driven. And something tells me Rob Pattinson is probably as annoyed as I am about the whole thing. (And thanks to Jenn M for the link.)

So yeah... I'm a little disillusioned this week, and for that, I apologize. But trust me... after I see the movie on Friday, I'm going to be a big ol' mess of positive Twilight energy to the point where you're going to want to smack me in the head.

So until then, just keep on sending in your Pocket Edward photos, please.

And PS - whilst I'm on the subject of Pocket Edward... WHERE THE HELL IS LAUREN'S BITE???

3 comments:

Tracey C said...

I agree!! All of it...enough! Still can't wait to see the movie but can't take anymore of the crude...to be perfectly honest I could care less if they are dating or not! Trying to figure out which show we are going to and will be there with BELLS ON!!

Love the Pocket Edward pictures you all are nuts! LOL

Purgatory Carol said...

YEY! Jenn D and I will have some more Pocket Edward shots this evening... STAY TUNED!

JeDeCe said...

I can't believe I'm saying this...but feel free to post any of the titilating pics I sent...LOL! Pocket Edward is so naughty!