Saturday, November 21, 2009

Billy and the humans

Just replied to a Billy Burke tweet and realized I showed him no love in my previous reviews! I told you it would take me a while to remember everything. Clearly I am a cougar because I have not a brain cell left in my damned head. At any rate - here's what I love about Billy Burke: he's a constant. He gives the same touching performance in New Moon that he did in Twilight; the concerned dad (Charlie). He's so understated; delivers his more humorous lines in his unique, dry way. Love him. Kudos.

And I also have yet to mention a BIG SURPRISE which was how much I ENJOYED the humans at school. Michael Welch - aka Mike Newton - was a pleasure this time around... unlike Twilight when you wanted to bash his character in the teeth (although "how you likin' the rain?" has probably made my top 20 list of quotable movie lines). Anna Kendrick - aka Jessica -  BROUGHT IT at the Port Angeles scene... very funny... she clearly has a good sense of comedic timing. And holy crap did you not LOSE IT at Justin Chon - aka Eric when he was CRYING at Romeo and Juliet? I. Love. Him.  Bobby Trendy, people....Bobby Trendy.

3 comments:

Tracey C said...

Loved Charlie the 'Lady Killer' he may have small parts but plays them so very well!

Tracey C said...

Oh and to one of my earlier posts...need to see it without children so I can get into it more so and maybe have a cry on :o) Feel like it was lacking because I didn't even tear up....but then laughing at my sons facial expressions with all the kissin, laughin at the screamin and crying from all the other movie watchers with my girlfriend didn't help get in the mood!...The kissin was much better then the first movie as Edward so pulled of the emotion in the kissin scenes!!!! So Loved the trueness to the book and the ending was a great lead in to Eclpise!

Purgatory Carol said...

Oh the groan. THE GROAN! It was beyond words. And I know what you mean about having a good cry. I get all kinds of ugly face going when I cry... and I didn't want Jenn M to see me because she was sitting next to me. LOL!