Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Volvo Purgatory

As I've waxed on about before... THIS kills me. KILLS ME. (Click the link - it's a Volvo site with a "Win Edward Cullen's Car" contest. BLECH.) It's like Edward's picking my kids up at school tomorrow. I don't even know what to do with myself. The silver, four door Sedan Volvo WAS Edward Cullen. I am so sad that they've made this major change. And don't kid yourself; altering Edward's car so drastically is a MAJOR change.

I have one question for Robert Pattinson. (I'm using the man's full name so you KNOW I mean business.) How do you feel about Volvo using your appearance to sell cars? Doesn't that make you feel a little icky? Because it should. I am ALL about capitalism, but this is ridiculous. Usually it takes years for a company to glom on to something pop-culturish to try to make a buck. But Volvo didn't even wait for the friggin MOVIE TO COME OUT!! And Stephenie Meyer: What say YOU?! Are you OK with this?! SERIOUSLY?!

No comments: