Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thank you, David Slade

I just want to take a moment to thank the heck outta David Slade for not allowing too many images from Eclipse to circulate online. Bella in a cap and gown? K... Bella and her mom on the patio? Whatev.  I am just SO thrilled we don't know squat about this movie, other than the story from the book. Don't you think it took something away from New Moon (the movie) that - by opening day - we had already seen shots from practically every scene in the film?? That's probably why the opening scene with the grandmother - and the dizzy scene with the calendar changing - were my favorite parts of the film. Watching Edward "walk out into the sun" (thank you, Simon LeBon) wasn't nearly as mind-blowing as it should have been, had we not seen forty million stills of the scene on the internet earlier. And yes, you can say "hey, don't look" - and you'd be right - only, seriously, can you NOT look? I didn't think so...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

David Slade is the shiznet. Have you seen "30 Days of Night"? Gruesome nasty vampires. He is a fantastic director. I hope he also directs "Breaking Dawn."
As for the movies in general, I want the directors and writers to put their own stamp on it. I want to be surprised with what's different. I know Slade will do that because he is a genius. :)

Purgatory Carol said...

LOVED "30 Days of Night". NO GOD!!! When the ads on TV scare the crap out of me - like they did for that movie - I know it's going to be good in the theatre. Just the simple Eclipse poster at the theatre is friggin scary, no?? CAN'T WAIT! Although I have to see it before I can say I want him for Breaking Dawn. In fact I can kindof say I don't want him for BD - but only because I want someone new for each film. I have to really sit down and ponder who I do want. That's another post, I suppose!

JeDeCe said...

I've been thinking that Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) would make a good choice for Breaking Dawn. PL was so visually stunning & beautiful in that creepy way...I think he'd do a good job translating the birthing scene. He's gritty yet emotional.

How 'bout that?

Unknown said...

well if we are talking about dream directors... how about Ang Lee?

or Scorsese? hehe he can make a romantic picture and a violent picture...

Purgatory Carol said...

I am loving all these suggestions you guys! You know who is someone who has crossed my mind a few times? Robert Zemeckis. He directed Cast Away, What Lies Beneath and Forrest Gump. Cast Away shows he can do the Isle Esme stuff... What Lies Beneath shows he can handle the creep factor... and Forrest Gump shows he can handle odd drama - pregnancy/birth.

I am having sick fun coming up with ideas for this. I have to believe they'll make an announcement soon. Pattinson isn't getting any younger...

Tracey R. said...

Oooh--likey the Guillermo dT idea!!! Part of me also wants to give Quentin Tarantino a crack at it--if only b/c he would TOTALLY appreciate the pop culture aspect of it...

JeDeCe said...

I think Quentin would just be beside himself with glee if he got to work on BD! I can just imagine the press junket interviews...LOL! Srsly, tho...he'd have a really interesting take on it, I bet.

Are they keeping the same screenwriter for all 4? That might get stale...

Purgatory Carol said...

Quentin. Holy god. That is a riot. Can't you see Bella, talking to J. Jenks? "Look right here in my badass, motherfuckin' wallet!" Or Edward saying to Jacob "Normally you'd be dead by now but I'm in a transitional period."

Tracey R. said...

J. Jenks: Which wallet is that?

Bella: The one that says "Badass Muthafucker."

Tracey R. said...

I just told my friend Rich the Quentin line on FB, and he replied, "That is one...tasty...neck!" LOLOL.