Friday, June 25, 2010

Twilight Mahem in LA - Newsy Report

Check out this video and then check out my commentary below. I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts.



Heard about this video from Thomas over at Newsy. Great video! Did I not tell you it's a little nutty camping out like this? Nothing against the Twihards who did it (yeah yeah, I've gone to a Twilight Convention) but seriously. It gets pretty crazy when they're giving out a ridiculous number of wristbands and they can't hold even half as many people!  And really, what for? To catch a glimpse of a bunch of actors who - while appreciative of your support - think it's pretty damned creepy that you're doing it in the first place. THEY DO! Except maybe PFach. He seems to dig all this hysteria. ;)

Now sit back on your lil' pillows children, because I'm going to tell a story. Last year when Robert Pattinson was filming "Remember Me" in NYC, my friends and I thought it would be fun to go into the city and watch some filming. I had the ridiculously naive idea that we were going to go to an open air cafe... have a little lunch... stop by and quietly watch a little RPattz making his magic... and then have a lovely ride home on the New Jersey Coastline - back home to the other Jersey Shore (the one without Snooki and the Situation). Nice day out among friends, right? COME TO FIND OUT little girlies were flooding the filming areas...chasing Rob down the street,,, and - ew - trying to touch him. I took one look at the footage... felt SO BAD for the guy (and the terrified look on his face) and said "You know how we can best show our support? By STAYING THE HELL HOME."

Rob, I hope you realize there are cool fans out there who do right by you, dude. When all the little girlies are all "I want to marry Rob", you'll only hear ME saying "That guy seems like he would be a hell of a lot of fun to meet down at the pub for a pint." Maybe that's because I'm old enough to be your older sister. I really don't know...

No comments: