Monday, June 21, 2010

Watching Twilight... Again

Sigh. Channel surfing.. and Twilight is on. God I love this movie. I could watch this movie over and over again. What's with that? Why have I watched this about 56 times... and I've only watched New Moon once since I bought the DVD (uh.. the day it came out)?

Random questions

Why did Bella have a MacBook Pro in the movie when the book Bella had an old, rusty computer with a horrendous connection like 28K?

Why was Edward such a douche when Bella told him she knew he was a vampire? Why not the meadow scene from the book? Because it was better cinema? 

Why was Kristen Stewart so much better in Twilight than New Moon?

Holy shit I am TEARING UP at the "lion fell in love with the lamb" lines. This movie is so incredibly powerful. I don't know why people can't see that. It taps into the emotions of the book so incredibly well. I fear none of the other movies will ever do this.

Kudos - once again - to Catherine Hardwicke. SHE GETS IT.

2 comments:

Megs said...

I always felt like the movie Twilight had a lot of scenes from the book crammed into one or two scenes. Too much going on in the forest if you ask me! And, you're totally right, Why couldn't they just do it the way it happened in the book?! It would have made more sense and been so much better! BUT, of course I still love it!

Purgatory Carol said...

We actually asked Catherine Hardwicke that at a convention once. She said she didn't film the car scene - where Edward truly fesses up - because she could only get three angles in a car: driver's window - passenger window - straight on through the windshield. She thought the scene deserved more than what she would have been able to do with the car. I thought that was a good enough answer - but I still wish they'd have sticked to the story. Honestly - I wish they had done a miniseries because - like you said, Megs - it's all crammmed into a two hour film. But with this saga, it's all about the almighty tweens. That's why they struggle for a PG13 rating - at the expense of the story. I find it rather sickening... but it's always about mo money... mo money... mo money in Hollywood, isn't it?