Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bella the Bozo

SPOILER ALERT - Do not read unless you have finished New Moon.

Is Bella the biggest moron on the planet? She finds out Edward's alive. Then she finds out he still loves her. Then he proposes. AND GIRLFRIEND SAYS "NO"? Is she KIDDING? Actually, she didn't say "no". She just whined "That's not high on my list of priorities". Hmmm. Gee. Let's think about this. Edward. Proposes. Marriage. I'd have grabbed his hand and thrown him in the car and booked a flight to Vegas on the way on my cell phone. But nooo...Bella has to be a kook. She so doesn't deserve him.

A few observations:

Maybe Alice was the hallucinations since she was always seeing what Bella was up to. I just can't see how they could have been hallucinations when they were giving her warnings she wouldn't have known about....like telling her not to get Jacob riled up or he'd turn. How could she know that? That was before she saw him do it.

I love Alice. Love love love love Alice. When Bella collects the whole family to get their vote and Alice is smiling at her before they even sit down, I almost jumped up and down. I totally want to be friends with this woman, and she doesn't exist. Which, I suppose, is only slightly less sane than wanting to live for eternity with her vampire brother, who also doesn't exist.

Why is there so much talk of what Bella cooks Charlie for dinner?

I love the way you can figure out how Stephenie Meyer's brain works in certain instances. When Edward calls and Jacob tells him "he's at the funeral"?? BRILLS. Absolutely brilliant. You know Stephenie M. was like "Hmmm..I have to really drive the point home that she's dead. I know - I'll have him call and be told Charlie's at the funeral. But whose funeral? OK - I know - I'll kill off one of his friends. Perfect".

I must see the movie to hear all this snarling going on from Edward. Does he do it in the movie? I love it. Absolutely love it. And if she wants him to turn her, why doesn't she just jump on him and get busy? He'll turn her in a second!

Speaking of Edward turning Bella. I don't know why but I was VERKLEMPT when he told her he'd actually turn her, himself. I've been thinking about this and thinking there is no way I'd want to be turned by anyone BUT him. So when I read that today, I was beyond happy. (Again - these people don't exist. Carol, the asylum called, they're saving you a bed.)

OK - if yesterday was Edward-fest on the radio, today was Jacob-fest, and I don't even really like him all that much. Check out these tasty tunes I heard today that would be perfect for New Moon soundtrack:

How Far is Heaven - Los Lonely Boys
Hole Hearted - Extreme
Circle - Big Head Todd and the Monsters (OK this one was on my iPod so it doesn't count in the "weird coincidence" department)

Actually - anything from Big Head Todd would work. Also - two more:

Million Miles Away - Plimsouls
Return to Innocence - Enigma

Hollywood should be ringing my phone any minute. While I'm waiting, I think I'll get started with Eclipse. :)