Sunday, February 22, 2009

Things I Ponder

I wish I'd started this when I started reading Twilight, because there is so much I've forgotten. Some of it meaningful...some of it completely inane and not necessary for anyone to remember.

For one - stupid question - did Edward drink his coke at the restaurant with Bella? Or did he switch them because she was so thirsty? They were both empty when the waitress came to the table. And how did he eat the piece of pizza at school? (Am I going to find this out later?) Where'd it go? That is such a no no with Vampire lore. But I don't care because it's cool that he did that. And I loved when he laughed his ass off when she asked him if he was going to show up on film when she got her pictures developed (in New Moon.)

OK so yesterday I'm sitting on my bed, after having announced I was retiring to my room to read. Tom was at the gym and the kids could have been painting the lyrics to Personal Penguin on my living room wall, and I wouldn't have cared, as long as they were happy and not getting hurt. I was completely immersed. And life was good. And all the sudden I had a sick need to call someone and discuss Edward. But the phone was missing from my room (as usual). So I sat back down and kept reading. But it was all so exciting. There I was...I mean, there BELLA was, watching the Cullens play baseball. And life was so good. Edward was being his usual adorable self...and his mom was being really sweet and welcoming...and it was Saturday afternoon in my house....and I was so excited to be reading this book I could have fallen off the bed. Then...it happened. That friggin James. My whole world came crashing down as I realized the lovely little Stepford Vampire family was running around like mad, trying to save Bella. It was exciting - but I wanted none of it! I just wanted happy happy happy! And instead, I got Bella locked in a Phoenix hotel room with Alice and Jasper. Hello? NOT what I was expecting. No Edward? Oh I don't THINK so. And what's killing me now is that Beth tells me Edward is barely in New Moon - and I've just started reading it. So now I sortof see it as something I have to "get through", just to get to the third book, the title o which completely escapes me.

I just finished reading about Bella's birthday, where she's all BITCH FROM HELL because the Cullens dared to have a party for her. "Waaaahhhh poor me...my gorgeous, wealthy, adoring boyfriend's blood-sucking family is paying attention to me....wwaaaaahhhh". And at the end of the chapter (coincidentally entitled "Party") she gets a paper cut (dope!) and Jasper lunges at her. If I were her, I'd be running at him and shoving my hand in his mouth. Hmmmm.....let's see.....it's between getting old and wrinkled and in need of Botox....or being an 18 year old, living in ecstasy with Edward for the rest of eternity. YOU DO THE MATH. So anyway - I put the book down (because I had to pay a little attention to the sharks at Jenkinsons' Aquarium with the kids - yes, I took the book to read during the CAR RIDE!) and only read the few first sentences of the new chapter. So I know Carlisle is about to help Bella since she fell on glass shards or something. Her clumsiness is getting on my LAST nerve, by the way. Why this family falls over themselves to try to do nice things for this girl is beyond me. I get that they love Edward and blah blah blah. But why does Edward love her? She's so annoying! And self-centered! And bitchy! Hello? The prom thing? Priceless. Boyfriend is putting you on his shoes for god's sake, and you're complaining about it. Someone needs to give Bella a knuckle sandwich and I wish it could be me.

PS - This guy is more how I picture Edward:

No comments: